Linux is known for being able to act as almost anything (bridge, router,
firewall, etc.). My question is that if someone wanted to Build Your Own
[wireless] Bridge what would they need to do to make it secure? I've been
following this thread and can summarize it into the follow three steps.

1. Setup DHCP to only assign IPs to specific MAC Addresses

2. Setup IPTABLES to filter on matching MAC / IP Pairs

3. Setup Authentication software to authenticate the client.

Now the questions:

Given this list what could be done to improve the security of the system?

What other security setups should be taken?

What software could be used for step 3 that is available for multi-platform
networks and how difficult would it be to setup securely?

Thanks,
Chad