> In the load average, it means thah I am using just the 0.01 % of my
> processor in a 5 minutes load average and that the max load I can have
> is 100.00, or it means that i am using the 1 % of mu processor and the
> max load is 1.00

Load is defined as the number of processes in the run queue. So load
averages (3, 5, and 10 minutes I think they are), means that over those
periods of time, there were an average of how many processes in the run
queue. You can have a load average of 5 or 50 or 500 if your system can
handle it. CPU can affect these numbers. Slower CPUs or even more
"intense" processes can cause higher load since processes will sit on the
run queue a little longer.

Basically, if you have 1 process sitting in the run queue (the things
marked with an 'R' under the "ps -aux" output, for instance) for 5 minutes
straight, then your 5 minute average should be 1.00 (given nothing else
was runnable during that time).

Also, don't forget that only one process can run per CPU at any instance
:)

Hope this helps.

-Statux