hehehe

One of the many dangers asking Linux people windows questions.

Depending on the version of windows you should have the ability to
filter out ports through your network control panel applet.

In Windows NT/2000 for example select "TCP/IP PROTOCOL".  Select
properties for it.  There should be a button labeled "Advanced".  From
there there is a section in which you can filter out ports.  There are
two options here basically.  You can open and allow all ports to go
through or shut it down completely and allow only specific ports which
you must populate.

Normally I run a firewall as was mentioned.  I hardly ever run a windows
computer on the internet these days without a personal firewall of some
kind (WINRoute is a good one I recommend).  You can download WINRoute
from www.download.com I believe (or was that www.shareware.com).

Currently I'm upgrading my MCSE to windows 2000 (Need to say it sux with
authority ok :grinz:).  There is a section under Administrator tools
called "router access" or something like that which "should" also allow
this.

But again, it all depends on what version of windows you have.

Good Luck!

Frank