I recompiled a kernel to add nfs client support. Now
/proc/filesystems shows nfs. Still I'm not able to nfs mount a
directory (even between two computers with same release - redhat
7.2). I believe the /etc/exports and /etc/hosts.allow are correct. I
did a "nfs stop" and "nfs start" and "exportfs -av". The error
message is "mount: RPC: Timed out".
  "rpcinfo -p server" from client show nfs service running on server.
  "rpcinfo -u server nfs" produces "RPC portmapper failure: RPC timed
out"
  "rpcinfo -n 2049 -u server nfs" succeeds.

--

Brian K. Jones
System Administrator