From: James Pifer [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, February 19, 2002 8:11 AM
To: redhat
Subject: Can't see DVD drive

I have a Dell Inspiron 7000 and I just installed RH72. I installed it
with my CDRW drive in. I shutdown, stuck my DVD drive in, and booted
back up. I then installed xine to see if I could play a DVD.

I get errors that there's no available input plugin to handle 'xine-ui
version 0.9.8'. In a terminal windows it says it can't find input_d5d.

I'm also thinking the OS doesn't see my DVD drive. Should it have found
it when I booted up with it? How can I tell? I don't seem to have a
/dev/dvd which is what xine is configured to look for.

Any help is appreciated. I'm trying the howto but not having much
success so far.

Thanks,
James