Can anyone help with here? Need to be able to VPN and not sure where to go.

On my new install of RH72 I need to be able to VPN either with PPTP or
IPSec.

1) I searched google.com for a pptp client and found one, but when I try
to install it I get a kernel version mismatch. So apparently it was
built for an older kernel. (my kernel is 2.4.7-10). Is there a pptp
client that will work on my version?

2) IPSec. I also searched for IPSec and everything seemed to point me to
freeswan. I've been looking at the documentation. Is it required to
rebuild the kernel to be able to use freeswan as an IPSec client? Are
there RPM's available for Redhat for freeswan? I haven't found any.

Thanks,
James