I don't know if this is in the nature of a bug or not, but this is
what happens.
If, from the command line, I run up2date -u --nox, it fails with the
error,

"RPM conflict error.  The message was:
Test install failed because of package conflicts:
package libpng-1.0.12-2 is already installed"

I've tried running up2date -p and up2date --justdb libpng-1.0.12-2
with no success.

This has been happening for several months now.  I can schedule the
updates from the website and the specific packages that I choose get
updated, but something is out of sync with my rpm database and the
up2date database.

Is there something else I need to be doing to bring things into sync?

Regards,
Gregg