Hi Paul, thanks for replying

On Fri, 2002-02-22 at 11:32, Paul Hamm wrote:
> The location is in /etc/sysconfig/networking/profiles/default/<NIC> there is
> another one in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/<NIC> there is a new very
> complicated gui called "neat" that handles these files if you don't want to
> edit the individual files.

while I prefer doing it by hand, I'm not opposed to using a tool.
However this is a gui, and I need a console based solution (firewall).

I think the files you refer to above are a side effect or result of that
tool too, since I don't have them.

Thanks though, and see below for my fix.

ooh. me. me. Type your gateway IP in correctly you idiot. Then it works
as expected!

charles