Hi,

Trying to upgrade to kernel 2.4.17 on a Redhat 7.2 system with grub
as the bootloader.  'make modules install' and 'modules_install' both
fail, because the process calls /sbin/installkernel, which apparently
is dependent on lilo (?).  Seems strange that Redhat would make
something really important dependent on something that, in a default
install, doesn't exist.  I must be missing something.  Anyone know a
workaround?  How is everyone running RH 7.2 w/ grub performing kernel
installs?  Please excuse my ignorance - I've not used a grub based
system before this. (I'm tempted not to again, given this experience
:(  )

Thanks
--

Brian K. Jones