From: "Ed Wilts" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> On Tue, Feb 26, 2002 at 02:04:23PM -0500, Bob Staaf wrote:
> >      Just noticed a new directory out on Red Hat's ftp sites under beta
> > called "pensacola".  Looks like the 8.0 beta is on the way.  It is not
> > accessible yet but, maybe by the end of the day if we are lucky?
>
> Or maybe they're just working with the user's group in Pensacola, or maybe
> they just put it out there to see if they could get people to bite.
Please
> don't start rumours that this is the 8.0 beta, or that it could be there
within
> a day.

Where did you pull this from, makes no sense whatsover.  Considering the new
directory is where they have been placing their betas for years I would
consider it safe to assume this is the new 8.0 beta.

> Really, people, if you want bleeding edge code, download rawhide and be
done
> with it.  Why wait for somebody to say that rawhide is now called 8.0beta?

Rawhide is more bleeding edge than any publicly released beta.  It wouldn't
be a stretch to call RawHide alpha code, not beta.

Bob