The problem has to do with how the firewall deals with the incoming packets.
The ip_masq_ipsec module tells the machine how to handle these packets.  You
will have the same problem with things like NetMeeting.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Pelley [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, February 27, 2002 5:02 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Anyone using Nortel Contivity behind an IP Tables firewall?

I've found out how to do it - I needed to load the ip_masq_ipsec module.

Part of me would think that since you're only connecting from inside to
an outside destination (with full outside access allowed - no blocking
in-to-out) that you wouldn't need that module.

Anyway it does the trick!

Thanks to all who reponded!

Cheers,
Mike

Mike Pelley "Non illegitimati carborundum"
Owner & "Misc. Rambler" of Pelleys.com
[EMAIL PROTECTED] - www.pelleys.com