On Fri, 1 Mar 2002, Manuel Camacho wrote:

> Thanks!
>
> I solved the issue with depmod -ae. But, for the records, the first
> possible solution I got was:
>
> mount -t iso9660 /dev/hdc /mnt/cdrom AND
> mount -t iso9660 /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom
>
> solved the error initially, BUT, after I reinstalled everything, it did
> not work (???, I installed the same packages with exactly the same
> hardware!!!).

* After the successful mount, and reboot, did you come across this
  error ?

  "mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/hdc, or
  too many mounted file systems"

  Previously, I was successful in mounting a music cd (used cdp to
  test its playability), but now when I 'ls' /mnt/cdrom, it spits
  back without any files listed.

  jmraz;