I had a problem with a server, it wanted me to run fsck on boot, so I
fsck'd the problem filesystem and all the others just for good measure.
 When I rebooted, I started getting kernel panic's because it couldn't
find ext3 root filesystem.  I booted into rescue mode and ran fsck.ext3
on them and they say they are ext2.  So I searched on how to convert
ext2 into ext3 and found the tune2fs -j command.  But when I run that it
says the filesystems already has a journal.

Help, how do I turn these back into happy little ext3 partitions?

Or, what do I have to do to the grub.conf to make the kernel expect a
ext2 partition?

--
Jeff Bearer