On Tue, Mar 05, 2002 at 11:01:59AM -0500, Jeff Bearer wrote:
> What is the best place to find information about rawhide packages
> bugzilla?
>
> The reason I'm asking is that I saw the Amanda package in rawhide.
> (2.42p2-5) and the latest production rpm from RH is 2.4.2p2-4. I want to
> know what has been changed in the last revision, but from bugzilla I
> can't find out.  Is there someplace I can find a change log, or is there
> a WebCVS or something that has this information?

Assuming that the package developer has done his/her job properly, you should
be able to download the package and then do an rpm -q <package> --changelog.
This will extract the changelog from the package and display it to the screen -
you may want to pipe this to less.

Not all packages have complete changelogs, and some don't have a changelog at
all, but this is usually a good start.

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]