> When I had my Epson Phoot 870, I found it a lot faster on the USB
interface
> than the parallel interface.  After all, these printers do require the
> transfer of a lot of data - it's not like the good old days when we had
dot
> matrix printers with built-in fonts and no graphics.
>
>     .../Ed
>
> Ed Wilts

Yep, I do realise this. I have an 880 myself and use USB instead of parallel
for that reason. All I meant to say (although I didn't do it very well) was
that if USB provides such a problem for the original poster, parallel will
get him going at least. He can then weight up the amount of time and effort
required to get USB working on the Thinkpad against how much of a speed
benefit he will gain out of the move.

Regards,
The other Ed.