On Wed, Mar 06, 2002 at 11:31:35AM -0800, Richard Wilson wrote:
> I'm trying to configure a set of RH 7.2 machines to default to a specific
> number of files that can be opened. How would I configure this so the
> environment is set at boot time?

There is a 'ulimit' line in /etc/profile on my system (Redhat 7.1).
You could tweak that.  Of course, I guess that it only applies to
those running Bash as a shell.

I've wondered myself if there is a way to set those at a kernel level.

Regards,
Ben

--
Ben Logan: ben at wblogan dot net
OpenPGP Key KeyID: A1ADD1F0

Pain is a thing of the mind.  The mind can be controlled.
                -- Spock, "Operation -- Annihilate!" stardate 3287.2