I had the same thing happen and all I did was put the old
php-mysql-4.0.6-7.i386.rpm back. I kept all the other new php rpm
packages and it works again.

Jim VE

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 3/4/2002 10:25:40 AM >>>
that's exactly what i did sunday morning - but i was just kinda
wondering
about the security issue (the reason they sent out the updates). i
would
like to think we could make those updates and not have a key feature in

php broken.

 On Mon, 4 Mar 2002, Jacob Rush wrote:

> jack wallen wrote:
>
> >out of nowhere my awf is giving me the Don't Panic screen. i was
just
> >looking at the site last night and when i woke up this morning
-BLAM.
> >it's unable to connect to the datase. i had just updated php (for
the
> >security warning).
> >
> >anyone have any suggestions?
> >
> Would you happen to be on a redhat linux 7.2 system?
> I had this happen yesterday I installed a new system
> and did all the latest updates but I couldnt get any
> php app to connect to a mysql database.  Finally figgured
> out that there must be something wrong whith the php rpms
> and sure enough I backed them out and installed the
> ones off of the install media and all was well..
> The version I was having trouble with is php-4.0.6-12 from
> updates.redhat.com

\||/   j    a    c    k      w    a    l    l    e    n
 00
  >       http://www.monkeypantz.net/awf/
 -                              i wonder what it's like to be pretty

Key fingerprint = B52F 989C 899F B2AB EFF5  451A E7F3 A10D 7A23 4D7B
sub  1024g/6ED2DCD4 2001-09-21