On 00:41 07 Mar 2002, Vidiot <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
| >This is actually false. For the envelope ("From ") it's true, but for
| >the mail headers (the envelope's not part of the headers) the header name
| >is case insensitive. Have a look at RFC2822 - an enlightening document.
| >Cameron Simpson, DoD#743        [EMAIL PROTECTED]    http://www.zip.com.au/~cs/
|
| I've never seen "From:" be anything but as I typed it.  Interesting.

No good mail client will damage what you type, and so if you type
"From:" that's how it will stay. But it _is_ legal to supply "froM:"
or any other wierd case combination.
--
Cameron Simpson, DoD#743        [EMAIL PROTECTED]    http://www.zip.com.au/~cs/

This should be good fun. It's been a while since the group has had such a
ripe opportunity to gut, gill, and fillet some poor bastard. Ah well. Off to
get the popcorn...
        - [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Robert Beauchaine)