On 07 Mar 2002 19:40:29 -0800
Steve Arnold <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> quietly intimated:

> On Thu, 2002-03-07 at 19:03, Patrick Nelson wrote:
>
> > So I'm setting up a new RH72 server (No X).  Anyway, so I did the
> > basic installation and selected the basic functionality that I need
> > (will remove other packages that are not need later).  So the
> > installation goes fine and then boots into the command prompt.  Cool
> > go and start setup and select network card configuration which
> > doesn't seem to be the thing I need.  I need to install the device
> > drivers and then configure them.  I there a command line like tool
> > to do this?  Guess I could manually do it but not completely sure of
> > the process.
>
> So the first NIC was detected but not the second one? (sorry, I
> couldn't resist).  If RH has a driver for a PCI card, it should detect
> it and setup the basic module entries.  It used to be that the setup
> of a second NIC was a manual process, but I think it will pickup a
> second NIC now (but only if it's the same driver?).  It's been a while
> since I setup a redhat box with multiple NICs (but I'll be building a
> new firewall soon with 3 ethernet interfaces so I can give a better
> answer then).

I never use 2 of the same NIC, and it detects both anyway, excepting a
few types. I had a problem or two with some Linksys boards, and a DLink
I had would work on some installs and not others.

--
...and that is how we know the Earth to be banana-shaped.