Brian> Hello Trond, Friday, March 08, 2002, 3:55:43 PM, you textually
Brian> orated:

TEG> Billy R Nordyke <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>>> What's a good video card for RH 7.2?  Can't get my ati Rage Fury Pro to
>>> work.

TEG> Radeon 7500 if you're willing to upgrade XFree to 4.2.

Brian> How supported is this card (the 7500)? Is the support good enough to
Brian> run Tux racer and Chromium(sp?)? I've heard lots of good things
Brian> about these but I'm reluctant to go get a new card without knowing
Brian> how the OpenGL support is.  Any info would be appreciated.

I have this card at home and (running not-quite-final XFree-4.2)
accelerated 3D works fine.  I've run both of these games (and the various
OpenGL-based screensaver modules) , and I've seen no problems -- I can only
assume 4.2 gold would be the same (if not better)...

                                Ed

P.S. Actually, I take back that "no problems" statement; I do notice some
incorrectly drawn stuff when I logout from GNOME, and the screen darkens
around the logout confirmation window, but that is literally the only thing
I've seen that doesn't display properly...
--
Ed Bailey        Red Hat, Inc.          http://www.redhat.com/