Please help

I get the following error when I try to install realserver basic

./rs802-linux-20-libc6-i386.bin: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.2.8: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

1) btw can anyone tell me is realserver the best free streaming server for mpegs and avi's ? or is there an open source streaming video server available for download and compilation ?

 2) since realserver needs libstdc++.so.2.8 and my linux has libstdc++-2.96-98 what should I do ?

3) should I downgrade  to libstdc++-2.8 if so will be there any problems ? can both the libstdc++ versions coexist ?

4) and finally how do I do I install libstdc++-2.8  and if so are there any dependencies I need to downgrade too ?

Thanks for all your help

chris