jimmy keffer wrote:

>my zoom voice fax modem works under 6.2 but not 7.2 the hardware
>detection say's it been removed i have tried telling it keep the
>hardware 2 keep the modem but no good its an isa card on com 2 irq 3
>7.2 see's my sound card isa awe64 on irq 5 under windows 6.2 don't see
>card i tried both upgrade and full install same problem
>any ideas thanks
>jimmy

I have a Zoom MOdem also and here is what I had to do from 6.2 to 7.1 .
These are the steps taken to get the modem port running as ttyS1.
As root do:
1. At the shell

        /sbin/pnpdump  > /etc/isapnp.conf

2. Edit /etc/isapnp.conf it to enable first Com port.
3. At the shell,

    /sbin/isapnp /etc/isapnp.conf

4.At the shell

       setserial  -v /dev/ttyS1 uart 16550 port 0x02f8 irq 3 baud_base
115200 spd_normal skip_test.

5. add setserial line to /etc/rc.local

do a
    man pnpdump