So I finally got a DNS server working and it appears to work great.  I
created a local zone called npn so that a call to cvs.npn would hit the cvs
system.  Checked everything out with dig (great utility) and then did the
reverse DNS setup.  That tests out great too...  Something is got to be
wrong cause this isn't that hard (well a bit confusing).  So I go and start
to change the ns settings and the hostname settings of all the systems on
the npn private network.  OK for some reason this isn't as understandable as
I expected it to be.  I ran neat and under DNS tab I changed the following:

hostname  cvs.npn
domain    npn

Primary DNS   <IP of me new DNS>
Secondary DNS <IP of our ISP NS1>
Tertiary DNS  <IP of our ISP NS2>

Added Search Domain npn

Is this the correct way to change the hostname and setup for the new DNS?
Is a reboot needed or logout needed?  If you have 2 NICS how do you go about
setting the host names?