I'm following this thread with interest since I seem to be having
similar probs getting Samba 2.2.1a to work on RH7.2.

1) Specifically, when I browse (using KDE's Konqueror -- neither Gnome's
Nautilus nor mozilla seem to be able to smb://) to any one of our WinXP
boxen (only type) on our internal network, I get a prompt for user/pass
which I enter successfully, then get displayed all available shares on
whichever box to which I browse.  So I then click on a share name (for
which I have access) and I get the error message:
     Could not access
     <WinXP box name>
     Invalid user/password combination
This happens immediately after I clicked on a share for which I
successfully entered a valid user/pass combo.
Anyone know what's going on?

2) None of the WinXP boxen on our internal network can access any of the
writeable shares on the RH7.2 box in a workgroup.  The shares are
browsable, although no valid user/pass combos will authenticate properly.

This sounds like the same kind of problem George is having.  Why could
one not browse to \\servername in an attempt to get to
\\servername\sharename?

TIA, Michael
[EMAIL PROTECTED]