--- Kjetil Tjensvold <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi Lewi.
> You've right. The images were on disk1.I gave the
> wrong path to it on my win partision where I've stored
> the disk.

... not being sure whether you solved your problem or not:

1) get 'root.bin' and 'rescue.bin' for debian: you'll
   find infos and the link for downloading here:
   http://chinese-watercolor.com/nicholas/linux/debian.html

2) or get the stuff that I call floppy-linux from here:
   http://www.toms.net/rb/

you should be able to access your system with the help of 1) or 2)

3)  Don't forget this:
    if you had problems with the kernel-upgrade you might want to read
    the redhat-page how to install a new kernel ... it helped me a lot
    and I never screwed up the 2 kernel-updates for my redhat-6.2
    system with the help of this redhat-page:
    http://www.redhat.com/support/resources/howto/kernel-upgrade/

Regards
Wolfgang

--