At 02:37 PM 3/27/2002 -0600, you wrote:
>any reason you aren't running it out of xinetd?

I am trying to run it out of xinetd.  When I look at the log it doesn't
look like it is even attempting to startup the telnet server.  I would
expect to see starting telnet...

However, something I just tried and that is I tried to ftp as well and get
strange behavior.

Just to back up a bit.  I am trying to telnet and/or ftp from a windows xp
laptop.  I know the enet card etc.. work fine in the Linux box because I
can get to the internet etc... I can telnet OUT from the box but cannot
telnet in.

Do I have to set the hosts.allow or something like that?

thanks again for all the help...

-stv