On Wed, 27 Mar 2002, Art Ross wrote:

>   PCMCIA has problems when it tries to start at boot time.  A review of
> the situation revealed that two modules were loaded; "yenta_socket.o"
> and "ds.o".  If I manually insert these modules into the kernel and
> start pcmcia services, everything is fine.

 I'm a little puzzled by this as I had Enigma (and now the new beta
with an errata package for grep, of all things) working fine on my
laptop.

 What exactly is the problem you're having "at boot time" ?

> How can I correct these two module deficiencies?  Is there a module
> configuration file that I can add some lines to?

 These should get loaded automatically.  I can't check what Enigma is
doing as I have Skipjack on the machine now, but you might start by
looking in the init script for pcmcia.