Careful.. most USB devices aren't supported outside of Windows, and
scanners are no exception. Scanners are traditionally a no go under Linux
but now adays several do work. However, the USB ones make a very short
listing.

You will want to check out the SANE site at http://www.mostang.com/sane

I can't find your scanner listed as any of the supported HP ones. Unless
it's a terminal no-go... you might get partial support with the sane-hp
module.

Plus, stock systems are dangerous.. learn to compile your own kernels and
hit the updates weekly ;)

On Thu, 28 Mar 2002, jimmy keffer wrote:

> i have a stock redhat 7.2 system how do i make usb work i have an hp
> scan jet 3300c i have searched 4 a how-to but no luck
> thanks jimmy

-Statux