On Fri, 29 Mar 2002 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Can I have a firewall with the 2 nic cards on the same network.
> I have this set up.
>
> <Router 192.168.1.0/24> ----- <switch>------<servers 192.168.1.0/24>
>
> I want
>
> <Router 192.168.1.0/24> ----- <192.168.1.0/24(eth0) FW
> 192.168.1.0/24(eth1)>------<switch>------<servers 192.168.1.0/24>
>
> Is it possible?

Close.  But first I must ask you to verify that you intentionally have all
non-routeable addresses.  There are no adresses that can be seen by the
internet here.  Yet you claim that the machines at the end of the line are
servers.  Are they only serving internally?  If so, where are the
client computers they serve?

DDDD   David Kramer                   http://thekramers.net
DK KD  "If I asked you where we were," said Arthur weakly, "would I
DKK D  regret it?"  Ford stood up.  "We're safe," he said.  "We are
DK KD  in a small galley cabin," said Ford,  in one of those
DDDD   spaceships of the Vogon Construction Fleet."  "Ah." said
       Arthur, "this is obviously some strange usage of the word
       _safe_ that I wasn't previously aware of."
                 Douglas Adams, "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy".