Hi Brian,

Thanks for the help, and thanks also to Lisa Smith who also replied...

My .forward file now looks like this:

\greg, mailarchive, [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) get a copy, but greg and mailarchive, both local
addresses do not!

The relevant section of /var/log/maillog is as such:

Apr  6 19:57:46 linuxserver sendmail[31373]: g36IvkA31373: from=root,
size=44, class=0, nrcpts=1,
msgid=<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
relay=root@localhost
Apr  6 19:57:46 linuxserver sendmail[31375]: g36IvkA31373: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
, ctladdr=root (0/0), delay=00:00:00, xdelay=00:00:00, mailer=esmtp,
pri=30044, relay=www.gmlnt.com. [213.239.42.32], dsn=2.0.0, stat=Sent
(TAA21462 Message accepted for delivery)

The two local recipients are not mentioned.

I've tried changing the addresses to @localhost, but has not helped either.

BUT... it's a complicated scenario. This is one site in a WAN of three, all
using the same Domain Name. To ensure local mail is delivered locally, and
not routed out to the Internet then back in, I'm using complex user routing
with sendmail config (configured using linuxconf!) as follows...

[EMAIL PROTECTED]    delivered to   greg

...and I have masquerading set as follows...

linuxserver.headoffice.myclient.co.uk   is masqueraded as     myclient.co.uk

This works for local mail routing, but makes me think if Emails were going
out to the Internet, they could be addressed to
@linuxserver.headoffice.myclient.co.uk and will never make it back (although
I could set up DNS records to facilitate this if needed), but according to
my maillog the mails for the users don't get sent out to the Internet....
but are not delivered locally either!

Any further ideas very welcome!

Regards,

Greg.

This is a confidential communication between sender and addressee. If you are not the
intended recipient of this message, please notify the sender and do not read, copy,
use or disclose this communication to others. Any opinions or views expressed are
those of the individual, and unless otherwise stated, are not those of the company.
All attachments and intellectual rights remain the property of GML (NT) Limited.