On 4/10/02 2:38 PM, "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"
[EMAIL PROTECTED] pressed the keys forming the message:

> our corporation is mucking with their exchange server. i've been getting
> email off it with fetchmail for about 3 years now and all of a sudden they
> are adding spam filters left and right. well now they are filtering out
> localhost so when i use, say,
>
> poll mailserver user wallenj, with password password, is jwallen here
>
> i'm getting the error:
>
> fetchmail: SMTP> RCPT TO:<jwallen@localhost>
> fetchmail: SMTP< 550 Denied due to spam list
> fetchmail: SMTP listener doesn't like recipient address
> `jwallen@localhost'
> fetchmail: SMTP> RCPT TO:<jwallen@localhost>
> fetchmail: SMTP< 550 Denied due to spam list
> fetchmail: can't even send to jwallen!

What am I missing here?  This is an excerpt from your local log file, yes?
>From your fetchmail machine?

Is this the typical 'box a running fetchmail retrieving from box b and
storing mail locally (on box a)' setup?

If so, fetchmail is only connecting up to SMTP on your local machine.
Otherwise, box b just thinks you're any generic mail client.

Are you using fetchmail to POP mail off of box b?
--
Ed Marczak