At 4/10/2002 07:43 PM +0100, you wrote:
>why does redhat not install qmail as default...this is much better than
>sendmail?

Try not to state "A is much better than B" unless you are a certified
global expert on the subject; you'll find that 99% of the time the reason
things are done is simply that someone disagrees with your point of view. :)

Also, let's keep this thread to SMTP AUTH for the moment, shall we? Raise
this issue as a separate thread so we can all keep our head in order. It's
easier that way... just write a new message with a different subject like
"Shouldn't an MTA be optional?" and you'll get precise and exact discussion
of *only* your question.

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz