>I hope I'm asking this right...
>
>I want to setup a mail server on my gateway box (RH 7.2). Now, I have a
>Dynamic DNS address that changes everytime my ISP disconnects me (I have
>the box set to automatically reconnect - so it's up 99% of the time
>anyway). People can hit my website at http://hale.dyndns.org and I want
>to be able to have people send mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED] or
>[EMAIL PROTECTED] or whatever I want the user name to be and then be
>able to access it using Outlook.

Your ISP may block the SMTP port to all dynamic addresses.

>What is the easiest way of doing this? I have an Exchange 2000 Server
>that I use on my internal network, but can't seem to make port
>forwarding work and I'm not even sure that the connector is setup for
>Exchange 2k so I'd rather just run a Linux EMail server on the gateway
>box since people wouldn't have to access anything past that point
>anyway.

Take outlook and throw it in the trash.  You have a Linux box and you
wanna read e-mail on a Windoze box?  What a waste.  Outlook is one big
security hole.

Use Netscape on your Linux box to handle e-mail.

MB
--
e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]       It is God's job to forgive bin Laden.
                                It is our job to set up the meeting.