Hi All,

I am experimenting with a Return to Castle Wolfenstein dedicated server and having a few problems.  The server is directly connected to a node off my cable modem.  Connection and DNS work great.  From the RTCW DOCS I obtained the port input requirements as 27950 and 27960, which I entered into the "OTHER PORTS" text box upon install of RH 7.2 and the firewall as 27950:udp,27960:udp.  I checked the ipchains file (in /etc/sysinit, I think) and those entries are there along with several others.  The problem is that upon executing and running the dedicated server it appears to be communicating with the WOLFHOST server just fine and appears to be working, but when I go to another machine and get a list of active RTCW servers mine doesn't show up.  When I do the same thing on a W2K machine the server does show up.  I suspect that the firewall is blocking port access on the RH 7.2 machine.  If I am on the right track how can I get it to work?  I am a total newbie with firewalling, so please give me all the nitty gritty details.

Many thanks in advance,
Bill