On Mon, Apr 15, 2002 at 09:54:30AM -0500, Ken Kirchner wrote:

> I'd put money on Java or Javascript as being the true culpret. Find a site
> that hoses netscape, then go into your prefs and disable java/javascript
> and try that site again. Netscapes Java just plain sucks.
>
> -Ken

still crashed.  but i got to see the web-page briefly this time before my
machine froze!  and netscape definately implied to me that js and java were
disabled before i re-hit that site.  lots of js in the page source, too.
although i can't find any calls to an audio file.  proabably in an external
.js referenced.

what i don't understand is why does this netscape foupah (man, i wish i had a
paper dictionary.  www.m-w.com doesn't handle phonetic requests very well.)
bring Linux to its knees?  not cool.

--fred