At 4/19/2002 04:22 PM -0500, you wrote:
> > You really might want to cut all those IP addresses out of the logs, group
> > them by networks (say, by /24's), and contact the people who run the
> > networks with the largest number of offenders. Might reduce the bandwidth
> > they take from you and is certainly in their best interest too...
>
>I know where they're coming from, but the ISP's heavy-handed approach will
>impact me as well as the offenders.

I see your point and it is of course valid. Although it is a risk then,
many a time I've been able to garner special treatment by proving myself to
be more of a benefit than a cost. In the case of my ISP at one point, I'd
given them so much useful information and help that they specifically
allowed all traffic to me regardless of any other measures they took, and I
had the cellular number of the head of tech support. Kinda nice.

Extending a helping hand can get it chopped off sometimes, but other days
it can be very positive. Your call each time on which is more likely.

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz