We are looking into getting some different drivers to test with this.
I'm not really convinced that this is a driver issue since half of the
printers work fine and half do not.  I was wondering if anyone is using
StarOffice 5.2 with HP4 series printers?  If you paper tray selection is
working fine, could you please let me know what PPD you are using?

Janyne Kizer wrote:

> My group has started to rollout RedHat 7.2 systems to several remote
> sites.  We are running StarOffice 5.2 on these systems and we have run
> into some paper tray selection issues and I am hoping someone else has
> seen.  Most of the remote sites are using HP4M Plus printers.
>
> All printers work fine pulling from built in paper tray.  The problems
> that we are seeing are with changing between paper trays (built-in,
> manual feed, large capacity, envelope) in StarOffice.
>
> Of course the systems local to us are not exhibiting any problem
> behaviors.  We have one site that will not pull paper from the manual
> feed at all.  It prompts but then pulls from the normal tray.  We have
> another site, also with an HP4M Plus, that pulls from the manual feed
> tray by default...
>
> Any ideas at all on this issue would be greatly appreciated.
> --
> Janyne Kizer
> CNE-3, CNE-4, CNE-5
> Systems Programmer Administrator I
> NC State University, College of Agriculture & Life Sciences
> Extension and Administrative Technology Services

Janyne Kizer
CNE-3, CNE-4, CNE-5
Systems Programmer Administrator I
NC State University, College of Agriculture & Life Sciences
Extension and Administrative Technology Services
Phone: (919) 515-3609