On Tue, 23 Apr 2002, BG wrote:

> I ran the tail command, but all I get is a blank screen, even when accessing
> the machine remotely.  Is there something wrong?

Well, you could try just "tail -f /var/log/messages" to see _all_ of what
gets added by syslog for a while.  If there aren't any ipchains log lines
near the end of the file to start with, and if none is added while the
"tail|grep" command combination is running, you would only have a blank
screen.  The first ipchains log entry should show up fairly quickly on
the blank screen though.

Jim