    tl> I recently got minor problems with my Red Hat 7.2 setup because I had
    tl> somehow changed the keyboard type from "101 key" to "105 key" by mistake.
    tl> What was worse, I wasn't able to change it back using 'anaconda
    tl> --reconfig' because that command would crash. I the started looking around
    tl> to see if I could figure out how the setting was actually stored, but I
    tl> just couldn't find it anywhere. Well, not quite true, there is actually a
    tl> parameter "XkbModel" parameter in /etc/X11/XF86Config, but I thought that
    tl> file wasn't used, since I'm running XFree86 version 4.

    tl> Anyhow, I've now resolved the Anaconda issue, so I've been able to change
    tl> the type back using its reconfigure mode, but I'd still like to know how
    tl> these things really work. Help, anyone?
    tl> --
    tl> - Toralf

Take a look at: xkeycaps

This allows you to select a different keyboard or just modify key
actions.

--
Ray Curtis
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]                           http://www.ccux.com