Hi,

Can't remember where I got this years ago when I also personally discovered
that MS-DOS Fdisk was a weak little creature.  This is about the easiest way
I have ever found to totally wipe a disk clean, even the MBR, regardless of
what software configured it.

Boot your system from a MS-DOS floppy disk.  Type:

debug (press enter)

Type in everything between "<" and ">" exactly as shown, but do not type the
"<" or the ">" or anything outside the "<" and ">".

-<F 220 L1000 0> (press enter)
-<A CS: 100> (press enter)
xxxx:0100<MOV AX,301> (press enter)
xxxx:0103<MOV BX,200> (press enter)
xxxx:0106<MOV CX,1> (press enter)
xxxx:0109<MOV DX,80> (press enter) note: use "80" for first HDD, "81" for
second HDD, etc.
xxxx:010C<INT 13> (press enter)
xxxx:010E<INT 20> (press enter)
XXXX:0110(press enter) note: this is very important, don't skip
-<G> (press enter)
Program terminated normally

Now, reboot system and use Fdisk to partition and prepare for MS-DOS.

I am 99.9% certain I have not mistyped anything (I checked it 3 times), but
just in case I will utilize the standard disclaimer:

I accept absolutely no responsibility for your use or inability to use any
of the above.  You do so at your own risk.

Bill

P.S.  Undocumented command:

fdisk /mbr (press enter) will remove the Master Boot Record