On Tue, 23 Apr 2002 11:02:32 -0500 (CDT)
[EMAIL PROTECTED] quietly intimated:

> Hi,
> Two questions
> Has anyone done business with surplus computers
> in Santa Clara, Ca?
> Will a Buslogic BT-946C scsi card work to operate
> a scsi scanner. It shows as a supported scsi card
> but I do not know if all cards will work for all
> devices?
>              Thanks
>              Linda Hanigan

If it's any help, you pay shipping and I have a couple of old Adaptec
1505/1510 (aha152x) cards laying around. I know they work and I used one
of them on a Microtek scanner I used to have (until the scanning light
became intermittent). It's a little slower card, and it requires you to
insert the proper parameters into modules.conf, but they're dead simple
to enter. And, except for shipping, it's free.

Contact me privately if you want one.

--
Disclaimer: Elvis would agree with me, but he's got dirt in his mouth.