Hi,

On boot, right after the root filesystem is mounted,
I'm getting a kernel panic and it hangs at:

   pivotroot: pivot_root (/sysroot,/sysroot/initrd) failed 2
   <frees 236K of memory>
   kernel panic: no init found. try passing init= option to kernel

I'm using Grup to boot 2.4.9-21 kernel from
/boot/initrd-2.4.9-21.img.

I just fsck'ed all my partitions after a power
outage.  I used the RH7.2 install CDROM with
the "linux rescue" option to use fsck on the
unmounted partitions (I skipped finding the system),
after which I was able to get into Grub and begin
the boot.  I can also now find and mount the system
-- using the CDROM -- under /mnt/sysimage.

Could anyone help me out with what is going on here?

Michael