Hello Cameron,

Thanks for all of that info ! It sounds like you guys are doing what my
company wants to do. Here is our problem :

We have two internet links (woohoo) connecting the company to the internet.
Now they want mail that is meant for office A to come to that link and mail
that is meant for office B to come via that link. They don't want to use MX
balance as this means internal traffic (mail for office B lands in office A
and has to be send internally).Office C,D,E,F hangs off office A and Office
G,H,I,J hang off office B

Now my suggestion is as follow :

Put a Linux box on the outside at the SP. This box will get an exported
users list (from Exchange). Using the "home server" (Office A,B or D) it
will build the following aliases

(We are domain.com - My e-mail address, in Office D, is [EMAIL PROTECTED] A
friend in Office I is [EMAIL PROTECTED])

officea.domain.com or officeb.domain.com based on your home server (office E
-> Office A etc.)

So :

[EMAIL PROTECTED] -> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED] -> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

This mail server would then forward the message to the reletive office. If
the internet link at office A goes down, mail can still be send via office B
and it will get there (Exchange and internal routing)

Any suggestion/comments ?

Thanks,

Pieter De Wit

<snip>
</snip>
Cheers,
--
Cameron Simpson, DoD#743        [EMAIL PROTECTED]    http://www.zip.com.au/~cs/

"It's state-of-the-art" "But it doesn't work!" "That is the
state-of-the-art".