On 22:56 29 Apr 2002, Linux <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
| No I did not update the kernel
| I have found out that xinetd services are not starting as below
|
| Many thanks
| Mike
|
| Apr 29 21:39:30 lennie xinetd[906]: amanda disabled, removing
| Apr 29 21:39:30 lennie xinetd[906]: amandaidx disabled, removing
[...]

I'd guess you remove execute permission from all your files. That would
cause this behaviour. Boot up a RedHat install disc in rescue mode and
have a look around.
--
Cameron Simpson, DoD#743        [EMAIL PROTECTED]    http://www.zip.com.au/~cs/

I sympathize with the makers of _The Net_. We're sad bastards really and
they're trying their best to make us seem interesting.
        - [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Dave Griffiths)