> Hi all,
>
> This is the very first time I attempt to install a smtp relay server, but
I got insanely confused... %P

> I'd had been following the instructions on how to deploy the
sendmail/mailscanner/f-prot combination and when telnetting the box's port
25 works just fine: queues the message, scans it and then relays to just my
email server, my email server receives the message and I can read it with my
client. GREAT

> Now the ugly part:
>
> My ISP has a DNS with my domain (ombudsman.gob.pe) which of course has an
MX register. This register points to 200.37.247.3 which is my current email
server (not the relay)

> I want the relay to filter all the incoming/outgoing email. How should I
do this? Does the relay need to be the new 200.37.247.3? If so, how does the
relay knows where to route the incoming mail?
> If the relay is NOT 200.37.247.3, how will it get the incoming mail?
>
> I can't get this clear with all this heat dissipation compound dripping
out of my ears :-)

> Francisco

You could try this - setup your relay as 200.37.247.3. Give your mail server
another ip address - usually an internal ip address - using sendmail on the
mail relay - add the fqdn or ip address of the e-mail server in the
mailertables file in this format -
                     ombudsman.gob.pe       esmtp:[FQDN or ip of e-mail
server]
                    .ombudsman.gob.pe      esmtp:[FQDN or ip of e-mail
server]

build your mailer tables db using makemap command and add appropriate
entries in access file and build your access db. On the mail server - add
the fqdn or ip address of the relay in the SMART_HOST directive in sendmail.

For filtering messages use Trend Interscan virus wall with e-manager for
filtering spam !!