On 5/14/02 1:12 AM, "Rob Yale" [EMAIL PROTECTED] pressed the keys forming the
message:

> Hi,
>
> I just did a 7.2 install on a machine that uses a static address on DSL.
> The machine connects directly to the DSL modem, and I'm not using PPPoE.
>
> Just off the top of your heads, aside from bad cables, bad NIC, and
> other hardware related problems, what could cause me to be getting "The
> network cannot be reached" errors?

Non-exisitent default gateway (try 'netstat -rn' and make sure you have
one).

Your DSL modem isn't talking to the outside world - have some way to verify
that?

Duplicate IP address somewhere?

Those are three just 'off the top of my head'.
--
Ed Marczak