Crap...I mean no.  I was answering yes to the subject.  No, there's no
harm done in running "rpm-e" against those kernels.

However, before you do, just in case, you'd be best served to run
"mkbootdisk <kernel you're using> and make a boot floppy, in case you
accidentally suffer from fat finger synderom.