i am new to linux...
i already installed rh 7.2 and try to install ppp server but i cant
configure it, here's what i have done.
mgetty
1.    i edit the /etc/inittab -- S2:2345:respawn:/sbin/mgetty ttyS0 -D
/dev/ttyS0
isomeone told me to use minicom to set my serial modem to /dev/ttyS0
3. issue the command chmod u+s /usr/sbin/pppd
4. add line to /etc/bashrc    alias ppp="exec /usr/sbin/pppd -detach"
5. i enable the autoppp at /etc/mgetty+sendfax/login.conf
ppp
6 my /etc/ppp/options has the ff lines:
    -detach
    asyncmap 0
    modem
    crtscts
    lock
    proxyarp
7. /etc/ppp/pap-secrets has * for client, * for server, "" for secrets and *
for ip address

i tried to test this by dialing from win98 and it can t conect. this is my
first time to use/install rh and try this mgetty/ppp.
i have come up with this using Linux dialin server setup by Josh Gentry.
 pls HELP!!!!

many thanks,
Toto