hi adam - I had thought of that - but apparently the counters aren't too permanent and
I get the impression they can bereset all too easily to be relied on for my purposes...

then again may be I could just write a simple cron job that checked the counters every
hour and dumped the info I wanted to a database / text file... that way if the
counters were accidentally reset I'd only lose an hours worth ofinfo?

I guess I can look into this if I need to - was really hoping for a redhat friendly
rpm install type package that wouldmagically give me a weekly report showing how much
each ip address had downloaded, etc...

- dan.