I just upgraded a P4 machine from Redhat 6.0 to 7.3. A number of issues
came up, but the one that stumped me was with getting gnome-session to start.

After startx, the X display came up, but when /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc execs
/etc/X11/xinit/Xclients nothing happened (ie, no gnome-session).

After some experimentation, my fix was to change Xclients from !/bin/bash
to !/bin/sh and then things worked as expected.

Why does the original not work? Is this a problem with my setup or a general
one (hopefully not on a .3 bug fix release)?

Regards, Joe